Monday, November 10, 2008

Welcome Kiah Mary


Here we are, just minutes after Kiah came whooshing out of my abdomen. I'd say we all look pretty good after 30 hours of labor and a c-section!


One of Kiah's first pictures--she's just 23 minutes old here.



















Mommy finally got to hold Kiah for a little while!


Daddy is in love already. Thanks to my c-section, Ian got to be the main one to hold, change, comfort, and love on our new baby girl. An interesting opportunity for early daddy-daughter bonding.


Look at those eyes. They were midnight blue, almost steely when born. We'll see what they become, but they are so gorgeous and intense right now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh she's beautiful!
    (I'm Chris Borders' cousin by the way. I read their blog and found your blog.)
    I also had my now two-month old via last-resort-c-section. Congratulations, blessings, and many prayers for you to recover quickly and grow healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiah is absolutely precious! Thanks for your card, I am humbled being part of a Divine Appointment in your lives. In HIM<>< I remain:
    Barbara
    Zephaniah 3:17

    ReplyDelete